Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Casio Exilim TR 15 Media Launch

It has been a very exciting and hectic (good kind of hectic, though) year for me. I do hope it has been great for you too!

This year, I have had so many opportunities to start new and bigger things. So thankful for the new people and things in my life. And I would like to take this opportunity to share with you what I have been busy with.

Some of you might know that I have been helping out in my family's Event conceptualisation business for many years now. Our Event business targets more fashion campaigns and launches focusing on celebrity appearances and fashion models. Now armed with more experience and knowledge, I am now heading the Fashion & Styling department of W.A.T.E Works (We are revamping a new website for W.A.T.E. Works). I take care of all styling & fashion related issues. Namely wardrobe & styling department and makeup & hairstyling department. I also have a great team working under me.

I was handed a very big project before I left for Tokyo, Japan. It is for the Casio Exilim TR 15 Media Launch in Singapore. The compact camera every Self-portrait photo user MUST own. Just do a google and you can see how they are sold like hot cakes even before the official launch in Shanghai, Hongkong and Taiwan. Why are all the celebrities, bloggers, selfie-takers and almost everyone wants one or if you are lucky, already own one.
Let's see how this powerful compact looks like first. Besides the basic white and black colour choices, the shocking pink is a real knock-out. I will talk about this camera more once I get my hands on one myself!



 
Pic credit : Casio
 
 
28th June, just one day after I came back from Tokyo, was the launch party. I had to shop in Tokyo for the models' outfits & accessories since I would not have time back here in Singapore to organise the wardrobe. Hard work lugging them around in busy Tokyo,but totally worth it when I see the final work.
 
The wonderful team of Mojito transformed the ballroom reception area to a very funky and Cyber-age place.
 

Here is the stage.


 
Our very own Top Singapore model, Sheila Sim, was the superstar of the show. Here's some pictures of us backstage before and after I have done her styling (Makeup by me too!)
 
Photo taken off my instagram, sorry for the grainy picture.
 
 

 
Here's the rest of the team. That's my brother, Leslie, the one behind W.A.T.E works.

With Bloggers Agri & Estelle
 
My 'personal' lens man, YuJin (the Hubs)
 
Mojito & W.A.T.E works
 
Choreographing the walk. Rehearsals. (Our videographer, René, got caught in the background)
 
 
And the party begins at 6pm!
Ying Ying opening the show.



 
Agri and Estelle sharing tips on Selfies with the TR 15 with the audience


Selfie-professionals! :)



 
Guests were then invited to go check out the cameras at the 3 different themed rooms.
Here is the tea room.

 
Here's our girls showing the guests all the wonderful and convenient functions of the camera.






 
 Make-up room
 

 

Dance Club


I will be back with more information on this very wonderful compact camera. This camera is currently out of stock so you will have check the retailers if you can be put on waiting list.
 
Till then, Selfie on! :)
 
 

 
 
Love,
 


Joiè
 
 
Photo credits : YuJin, Mojito & Casio


No comments:

Post a Comment