Monday, August 20, 2012

Recharged after my holiday!

After two long weekends, today is a hard day for many , I am sure.

As for myself, I have been working everyday since 15th August and yes, over the last holiday weekend too. Yet, I am feeling really good today. Reason is because, I had a good 7 day break during the National Day holidays.

Some of you might have known that I had finally managed to take some time off my hectic schedule to go on a much needed vacay. Did not want anything too fancy and busy so I decided to head out to Hoi An, Vietnam.

I have heard so many wonderful things about the beautiful beaches in Central Vietnam. Not to mention this is a World Heritage Site by Unesco. This ancient town is colourful and rich in its traditions and culture. It really felt like I had stepped into a movie set.

Even with the almost unbearable humid and hot weather, I really did enjoy myself a lot. Taking in the wonderful sights and of course the friendly Vietnamese in Hoi An. There was not much touting or pushy street vendors so I did not have to spend time fending them off.

Everyday, I would apply sunscreen generously on my entire face and body before heading out. For my body, I like to use a spray sunscreen. It is less oily and also lighter on the skin. Here's my favourite perspiration resistant Clarins Sun care Milk lotion Spray SPF 50+




Here's my face skincare regime :
- cleanse face with Cetaphil wash
a gentle cleanser which does not strip off excess moisture especially being out in the sun causes drying of skin to my very very sensitive thin skin.
- apply Envie De Neuf DNA eye serum
- apply Envie De Neuf Pure Hyaluronic Acid Elixir
to boost moisture and to keep skin hydrated throughout the day
- apply Envie De Neuf Fullerene C60 (water-based moisturiser)
- apply Murad Oil-free Sunblock SPf 30   More info


Ok ,let's see how Hoi An looks like from our (hubby shot them) perspective.

Street sights of Old town

























There were a few locals doing Pre-wedding shoot there. We managed to catch one in action. Beautiful place to shoot pre-wedding. We might start a new overseas location shoot :)




Here is the wonderful and very busy Thu Bon River







As Hoi An is a really small town, the would be more bicycles than motorised vehicles. During the evenings, only bicycles are allowed in the Old town.

Our hotel provides free rental of bicycles , so we decided to cycle out to the less touristic beach, An Bang. It is around 5Km away from Hoi An town and I was initially a little anxious as I have not cycled for the last 10 years! And the road conditions was a little bumpy, which added to my worry.
After 15minutes on the bicycle, I was alright.

Here's me trying to look nonchalant, posing for the hubs at the hotel.




After being under the sweltering heat, we finally arrived at the beautiful beach. Reminded me of Male, Maldives.










We had to cycle 5km back under the hot sun to get back to the comfort of our hotel room and AIR-Con of course!!!
Most cafes and shops are not airconditioned.

After a very cold bath, we got to the hotel cafe for some tea. The decor reminds me very much of our Raffles Hotel's Seah Street Deli.

Here's me choosing my tea leaves.




One for the road before leaving Vietnam!





My first editorial job after I got back from my very colourful vacay. And here's why I was not even grumpy to having to wake up early in the morning for a full day shoot with 5 personalities (though my face in this pic shows that I would love more sleep)

Here is one of them :


With George Young




Love,

Joiè 

No comments:

Post a Comment